When we created the Flex Seal Family of Products, we never imagined how many different ways our customers would use them. One of the most common questions we receive is “Can I paint over Flex Seal?” Since we’ve had this question asked about our entire Flex Seal line, our Flex Seal Product Experts have complied a list of tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Flex Seal Family of Products once the job is done.
Which Flex Seal Family of Products can be top coated with paint or other protectants?
- Flex Seal Spray can be top coated with most commercially available paints and urethanes.
- Flex Glue not only works as a great adhesive but can also be used as a sealer around windows and doors. Flex Glue can be painted over with most commercially available paints and urethanes.
- Flex Tape can only be top coated with Flex Seal Spray. Flex Seal Spray can then be painted over with almost all commercially available paints and urethanes.
- Flex Seal Liquid cannot be top coated with anything other than Flex Seal Liquid, and you can add as many coats as you like. Just allow Flex Seal Liquid to fully dry between coats. With Flex Seal Clear, you can add color to your surface before coating with Flex Seal Liquid over a decorated surface.
- Flex Shot cannot be top coated, but it is offered in 4 popular colors.
- Mixing Flex Seal Liquid with any other substance is not recommended as it is a specific formula and mixing it with anything other than Flex Seal Liquid will interfere with its performance. You can absolutely mix Flex Seal Liquid with other colors of Flex Seal Liquid for a custom color!
We hope you found our Flex Seal Product Experts advice helpful in explaining the best ways to apply paint and other protectants to each of our products. These quick, valuable tips should guide you in knowing what to expect when that final step in your project arrives. For the most accurate information on all things Flex Seal and how to use our products, make sure to visit our site and stay tuned for more content coming soon!